Saturday, October 30, 2010

trick-or-treat

 We decided to start a new tradition this year, we cleared out the garage and started a fire, made some hot chocolate, invited family and friends and waited for the ghosts and goblins.  It started with a down pour....I was worried the entire night would be a bust.  We decided to be the die hard family and sent the little ones out in the rain.  The girls....NOT so "witchy", but still, smiles of anticipation!
The evening started worrisome but ended great.  Casey being patient as ever took the girls to go around the neighborhood at 3 different points.   As the rain stopped and our crowds increased I think they realised the LOOT to be attained :)  Gentry at one point asked Nana for a bath, Nana was kind enough to help her bath and get into bed. While Papa was a trooper handing out hot chocolate to all our neighbors!    The Rasbands were our trusty sidekicks, they provided the really great donut holes and silly bands, (THOSE were a hit!)  not to mention laughter and fun!

Thanks for coming, friends!  Plans for next year are already in place.
See you next time!

Thanks Courtney for this picture!  I love how you know how to make my camera do what I want.  I am going know how to do that one day.

3 comments:

Missy said...

Yes! this was definitely a hit especially since it was so cold! You guys are awesome!

Helen Macfarlane said...

Casey said you were showing off, but I LOVED it! Show off some more. :-)

I love our little neighborhood on Halloween! And when the rain finally stopped, it was perfect.

Anonymous said...

I really thought it was the best Halloween ever...'cause I thought we were part of something rather than answering the door!! We wanna be part of it all again!! Thanks so much for inviting us! Looking forward to next year!!
xoxox
Your T or T Bags are darling!! And though most really didn't see the costumes, your girls looked DARLING!