Sunday, October 17, 2010

deer

To say,Casey loves to hunt, is a understatement. He and his brothers go every year, some years they go on the muzzle-loader, rifle, elk hunt, deer, ducks....(I really don't even know but I am sure there are 10 more opportunities to hunt then I just mentioned.) Other years they are lucky to make one weekend. But I know that these are the times that Casey looks forward to most in the year. Time on the mountain with his Dad and brothers + nature are priceless in his book. They don't do the easy hunts either, some years Casey has hiked so hard he has lost his toenails. That's when you know they had fun! This deer was a work out for Casey, took 2 trips to track down, he was going for a "monster" deer and on the last day settled for this one, but for a nobody like me who doesn't understand points and span and other things I have heard them talk about, looks like a good one to me! Way to go, Case!
The last picture is a litle blurry of a bear they ran into along the way! So glad you are safe, and home!

4 comments:

Paige said...

WOW! The deer looks huge! And the bear... sounds like there's a good story there... can't wait to hear it!

tracie said...

Yikes! A BEAR. Glad he made it home safe.

Helen Macfarlane said...

Impressive! Do you like venison?

Unknown said...

the deer hunt, a long time family tradition from grandpa Hawkins!

I miss deer meat!