Wednesday, September 8, 2010

special day


SO.....I pick up Kate at 11:30 and she had a huge smile on her face. I asked about her day her first response was "it wasn't very long". But then she asked is a very serious face if "today was a special day?" I said " well I guess so, first days are always special." Then Kate smiled and asked if we could go to Blue Lemon. My kids know how to work me. But this newest fascination with Blue Lemon has had me puzzled. She has been before but I don't think she remembers. She saw it one day as we drove by and has been dying to get inside. I couldn't resist, we had a slow day so Genny, Kate and I lunched at the Blue Lemon today. Kate was in heaven, she "knew they would have lemonade"! However they also have a TV that displays all the yummy desserts that they made. We had to get one after her cheese sandwich. She wanted the lemon dessert in a cup, she thought it looked like ice cream, after several minutes trying to explain what it really was, she was not deterred. So lemon cream and cake in a cup for Kate, Genny easily chose carrot cake or maybe I forgot to ask her and just bought carrot cake. :) Anyhow to maybe get to the point, lemon stuff in a cup looks pretty but is a little sour.......who knew? Why don't my kids believe me?
And so... she ate my cake.
I do love that stubborn little girl I hope one day she will realize I really am trying to help her make good choices.
If I know anything, I do know my desserts!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that it really does take 'til they get OLD, to realize that you really are on their side...that you really are looking out for the best FOR THEM!! Oh well, each cute kid has to learn it all for themselves. But isn't she simply beautiful on her "very special day"??? Love that girl!!
xoxox

tracie said...

Yum. I want to go!