Friday, September 17, 2010

how do i love you.....


Let me count the bottles....51 bottles of nectarines and 19 bottles of peaches and that is because I ran out of bottles, not peaches. Funny how you don't appreciate what your Mom might have done for you till you have to do it for the ones you love. How many times did I go get a bottle of peaches growing up with out a thought of how it got there? Probably just frustrated I had to go clear down to the cellar to get it. (Yes, we had a cellar growing up. But that is a different story, good old 528. ) Today I am thankful my Mom had pruned fingers, aching thumbs, a tired back and throbbing feet, for me. A lot of years too late but.....
Thanks Mom.

4 comments:

Paige said...

Amen! They look gorgeous! Don't you love seeing your storage shelves full to the brim? Bring on the harvest... winter is a comin'!

Missy said...

Yumm...I'm jealous! I need to learn to can.

tracie said...

I want to do this every year but have never done it. Good for you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks MyKel! You made my day today! Makes EVERYTHING worthwhile! I love you!!
xoxox