Saturday, January 1, 2011

new years eve

New Years eve we had a impromptu party with a bit of our family. Last minute we realized that some of us had no plans... so we made some. With not much planning, we are lucky that we enjoy just being together. A "rockin' party" I did not throw, but we laughed, played a couple games while juggling kids,and the boys watched hunting movies. I feel lately, like my age is constantly being thrown in my face and this night was no different, how many times did I look at the clock? Not that I didn't enjoy my family, but midnight? I felt like I could feel my wrinkles getting deeper as I realised I can not play like I used to!

We played a little rock band, kids watched a couple movies, Jake brought his train track and Bridger thought that was hit! But I have to say the memory that I will take with me.....Close to midnight Casey and Cameron went out to light the fire works. We gathered all the kids to watch out the window as it was BITTER cold. Casey had the fire, Cam had the works. They couldn't get anything to light. Casey came in to find a lighter, saying is was too cold the matches were not working. Finally, after the kids had fogged up my windows and wrote their names and such, Casey came running in Laughing (gladly) I had bought a package of poppers. Not a firework to be found. No gun powder to go boom! So the bravest of the kids went out to pull a popper and that was our grand finale of 2010!

A little, like the whole year, as we have had some difficult and frustrating (for me) times it is so easy for me to focus on the things that go wrong. Gratefully, Casey and the girls are helping me realise it is OK to laugh it off and have fun even though I thought there should be fireworks. We have our little family of 5....We are happy, We are healthy, and We are trying to follow the plan together.
So here's to 2011, May WE laugh and enjoy life, especially when we end up with poppers!

No comments: