Tuesday, December 21, 2010

nativity

Last night for Family Home evening, we went to a Live Nativity. I was so excited, I really wanted to see the girls "get it". I wanted them to see the difficulties that Mary and Joseph went through, to understand the confusion, turned excitement of the shepherds. To feel the urgency of the Wise Men to travel far and long to seek the truth. Even, just to see a camel, and a donkey used as the only form of transportation.... To KNOW what a miracle this TRUE story is.


On the way home as I was asking the kids to tell me what they thought as they watched the young "Mary" place her "Baby Jesus" in the manger on a cold winters night. I asked Gentry if she saw Baby Jesus and Gentry in her perfect 2 year old words, said " Yes, and Donald Duck!"

So I guess we have a long way to go till they, get it.

Thanks Paige and Dave for a fun night!


1 comment:

Helen Macfarlane said...

Most adults don't even get it. But the fact that YOU get it will surely rub off on your beautiful girls!