Tuesday, December 28, 2010

christmas day

Christmas day we had a early start! Hayli started asking if we could wake the others by 5:45 am. Uh, that's a no. Finally, I consented to wake Gentry at 7:20 I had told Hayli 7:30 but I think it was literally killing her, so tired Gen and the others pose nicely at the top of the stairs waiting for Dad to get the video camera to work....no such luck with the camera, but Casey did succeed in giving all three girls small anxiety attacks making them wait so long, SO close yet SO far away!

I love to see the girls wishes come true and they definitely did this day, Lots of Barbies check, Barbie house check, Hayli's own room check, wii games, ds games, scriptures on cd, books, a shiny new computer for the Mom :) and a castle for Gentry, check, check, check. Hayli wanted to start redecorating immediately, by 9:00 am we had the house torn to pieces bed frames and mattresses everywhere! And we saw a lot of this from Gen.

Grandpa and Grandma came by in the afternoon. They didn't know what a mess they were coming to. When Clyde walked in he said the place looked like a hurricane hit. Not the usual impression you try to make when your in-laws come over. Fortunately, they got right to work and helped us finish up. Casey and Clyde hung shelves, loaded the car with DI donations, put beds together and took the crib apart. Yep, I have had a crib up in my house for 9 years. And someone has always been using it. A weird feeling to me to have that phase over but I am excited for the new phase too. Lorraine went right to work too, making turkey noodle soup for dinner out of what ever she found in my cupboards. I think that takes skill, to make a kitchen your own! And we finished the night with Homemade Ice cream! My parents gave us the maker on Christmas eve, and we had to give it a try. Strawberry cheesecake....yum!


3 comments:

tracie said...

I miss all the barbie stuff. They grow up too fast.

Paige said...

Looks like it was a BLAST! I love little Genny's look of shock on the stairs! What a great day!

Kim M. said...

What a fun day! I love the matching jammies. I can't believe you made them wait so long--geesh! ;)