Tuesday, July 19, 2011

library

Got to love library day!
Gen walks in and starts taking all the books off the shelves, Kate has to fast and pray before making a choice and you must stand right beside her while she decides.  Hayli wants you to be with her too, and guarantee that the book with be the most interesting and captivating book she has ever read. She also wants to make a craft... It makes me remember my childhood, my Mom loved library day too, I think she loved that after we went to the library it was expected that we all read for the afternoon. I have to admit, library day once a week makes a little quiet time for us all!

2 comments:

Helen said...

Sometimes we'd lie on the floor on our pillows, eat popcorn for lunch, and not move for 3-4 hours. Remember?? All the chores were done quickly that day so we'd be ready!! We'd always go after swim-lessons. (But why the popcorn? Didn't we get butter on the pages?? I'm surprised that being a "litter-bug"...remember that book?...wouldn't have driven me crazy!!) It must have been okay, though, 'cause you guys read all summer long! That was my goal!! Thanks for bring that memory to the fore-front!!
xoxox
You were good kids! Thanks!

Paige said...

You know, I have really great memories of "library day" too!
(How did we eat popcorn and read? 'Cause I remember that too...)