Monday, June 14, 2010

pretty

Gentry loves to color. She really prefers large canvas areas (ie. walls) but we try to stifle her creativity to paper and the like. This morning she wanted to color as I helped her gather supplies Gentry saw a paper she had already beautified. She looked at it surprised, with her classic "O" face and said "messy". I said, "not messy, pretty!" Gentry looked again, took a moment then smiled and said "pretty"
It made me think of so many times that I may think my life is "messy" in the beginning but really these are the incidents that make my life "pretty". For example lets look at the window. I know I washed it on Saturday. We did have a couple cousins over yesterday, but what makes a window look like this? Happy, playing kids! My window might look messy to you, but today I am trying to look at it as "pretty."
OK, sentiment is over, I'll go clean my window!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someday those little finger prints will be gone...and you'll miss 'em!!
xoxox

tracie said...

Can I think of my whole house as not messy but pretty? I hope so. Love it.

Kim M. said...

Great post. Thanks for the reminder.