Tuesday, September 25, 2012

10287

When we moved here we owned a queen sized bed, a love seat and a arm chair.
Everything that was "us" fit on a flat bed trailer and mostly consisted of plants, some of which I still have.

We have become SO much more since then first days here at 10287 we have grown in every way.  I think everyday that first week the RC Willey truck came.  First the washer and dryer, then the fridge and couch set.  We also filled our home with family.  All three of the girls were born here.  They took there first steps across these floors, met their friends in this neighborhood, discovered their likes and dislikes.  This house has seen so much joy,  Our families have met here often to celebrate, to play, to learn, or to enjoy "the game".  This house has also been our protector when we had to meet to shed some tears, heal heart break and work through sorrow, to feel safe together under this roof.
The safe umbrella expanded as we ventured out to the neighborhood, my girls have run into our neighbors homes as if it were their own more than I can count feeling just as loved, just as needed and just as protected.  Not only were my kids loved but Casey and I have made friendships we hope to have forever.  Friends we have served and been served by.  The lessons we have learned by their simple example have helped our family grow.
Needless to say our time here at 10287 has been priceless,
Casey and I arrived here just two young kids, thinking we had the world by the tail.
We leave here 11 years later knowing we haven't even come close to figuring  "it" out  yet, but we are so much better for spending these years here.
Thank you 10287 for teaching us, helping us, even protecting us through the hardest of times.
Our memories of our first home here will always be cherished.
748 you have big shoes to fill....lets make you a home.

4 comments:

Paige said...

Oh I cried on Saturday... and now this makes me cry all over again.

BUT, I couldn't be HAPPIER you have joined my little city. We are going to have a BALL! WELCOME to 748! (Now to get my other sisters on board...)

Missy said...

Beautifully said. We miss you and hope your new home makes you just as happier if not happier!

Anonymous said...

Lots and LOTS of memories...thanks for sharing them with us all!
xoxox

Unknown said...

congratulations on the new home. It will be just as wonderful to you as the old one, you'll see. Also send me your new address.