Tuesday, August 14, 2012

gentry nicole 4

You can't wait to be big. Something that makes me smile and teary at the same time. You love your sisters and want to do everything they are doing.  Mostly they are patient with you and enjoy having you there.  You still adore your princesses.  There isn't a day that they don't come out to play you own bins of them and yet you still just want to see when we walk past them at the store.   You love everything pink.  Band-aids are a favorite too.  "Cheetah" is your favorite blanket, pink cheetah is the print. Not so creative with the name :)   You love your blanket to smell just right.  You always let me know when it has lost the downy freshness so we can wash it.  You give the best smile when I pull her out of the dryer.
 You are SUPER excited to go to school. Kate's school is what you call it.  Preschool will be fun for you.  Friends are a part of your day you look forward to.  On the flip side you are my best at solo play.  Well, almost solo your little ladies are always close  :)  Just as you are excited to see friends come by, when they leave you take a deep breath and look for a quiet corner, needing some down time.  
So like your Mom sometimes, almost too much like wanting what you want when you want it.  Yes, you lean heavily on the spoiled side.  But I like to use birth order as blame.  What baby of the family isn't spoiled...of course you play that role perfectly.  Snuggling up at just the right time.  And does your mother lap it up?  Yes, yes I do.
While on vacation a stranger asked how old you were I told them 3 and she laughed and said "she will be married soon"  I have to admit I might have given that stranger a funny look not quite understanding... but as I thought about it later...Mrs. Stranger in her "golden years", she knew best.  You are growing too big, too quick.
I will treasure this last year that I have you to myself.  I cherish the feel of your little hand in mine.  I will adore your snuggles and hugs.  I will cheer the loudest at your successes, and encourage you to do learn and grow.  But I will hold tightly to this time when you still need me.  As I have proof from your sisters you will be strong and independent all to soon.
And that is why my baby is spoiled, as I try to hold on just a little longer.
Happy Birthday little one!
(all images Rock Love Photography)

3 comments:

Paige said...

Happy Birthday GENNY! WE LOVE YOU!

tracie said...

In a blink of an eye. It goes by so fast. Cherish every moment.

Sabra May said...

How sweet, happy birthday Gen!