Monday, June 18, 2012

62 miles & a bang

For Fathers day Clyde wanted to go to the cabin.  Trying to get Casey away from cell phone service is hard in the summer.  We made it to a charming little town where Casey thought was the limit any further no phone...we stayed for about a hour, I took pictures, the girls ran around and yes Casey solved all the problems single handed.
When we did make it to the cabin we ran into the littlest baby fawn I have ever seen. He was adorable!  Just Rachel, Hayli and I in the rino so we had to have a photo, so wish I had done a better job.  He tried to climb up to the trees without success, finally his mom came back and nudged him up.  So fun to see!
 Speaking of the rino we decided to put them to the test this trip. Clyde and Lorraine also bought one this year so it was 8 kids and 8 adults-- 2 four weelers and 2 rinos.  We were packed in tight but we made it over 62 miles.  The kids were SO good only just starting to complain towards the end.
 We had a picinic lunch after the first 10 or so miles with powder donuts and doritos. Meet Bryn, she and I got to snuggle a lot on our ride,  she agrees camping food is the best!
There was enough dust to go around no one had to go without!
 Stand by this beautiful stream and I'll get a amazing picture thought the mom... Gen didn't want to.  Still such a great stop, we needed this little stream to cool off and we might have washed a face or two as well. 
Happy Fathers day Clyde.
 We made it home just in time to see the fireworks, freshly showered and in our pajamas.  A little sad we missed the festivities.  I love the way our little town celebrates.
We had a little get together on Sunday for my side.  As usual I pulled the camera out but apparently I was to busy eating and such to take a picture, nevertheless Fathers day was a success!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And it was a GREAT Father's Day!! Thanks for being the hostess! It was a fun, FUN evening! Thanks soo much! And I love Cedar Hills Day, too! It's just really nice!
xoxox

Paige said...

That little Byn is SO cute!!