Thursday, March 15, 2012

sluff,

High school was definitely not the high point of my life I absolutely am what you would call a "late bloomer", but some of my best memories I have from those years, is when I was not where I was supposed to be when I was supposed to be there.
ahh... the art of the perfect sluff.
Today LeAnne needed to observe a toddler speak for a school assignment.  I have a toddler and man, she never stops talking. Gentry was the perfect candidate.
When LeAnne suggested I could "go get a coke or something"  I did not turn back, go somewhere alone in the middle of the day?
the. perfect. sluff.
I did grab that coke, opened my sun roof, rolled down my windows and took in the spring like breeze, then rolled up the windows as my hair was blowing like crazy and getting in my lip gloss.  (I never can pull off things like the cool kids.  Probably why I barely made it through High School anyway.)
This was for sure the longest way to say --Thanks LeAnne.
I needed that, in case you need to research more toddler-isms...you know where to find us!

1 comment:

Sabra May said...

You're so lucky to have a break, and you totally deserve it.

Next time, however, pick me. I have got toddlers all over the place and I'm fine with coke...