Sunday, October 2, 2011

general conference

General Conference is by far my favorite weekend twice a year.  I love everything about it.  I love that it is expected that I take "time" to be with whom I love, listening to people that I have grown to love, and I absolutely loving the things that they are teaching me.  Having Conference at the brink of a season change is intentional I am sure, (everything with the church is)  But I love that it is a time to, push the refresh button, take a deep breath and try again, a clean slate to reset goals and become better.
Hope,understanding, love, acceptance, encouragement, and warning.   Plus a bit of humor.  :) 
Whats not to love!
My sweet friend recommended these dolls, ClaireAnn, you were right they did not disappoint!   Not to mention that I think they have such cute faces.
Hayli loves to doodle and color, don't worry we do not burn her with cigarette butts, the doctor swears that is what getting better looks like :)
And for short periods of time you might catch a glimpse of these adorable things, actually getting along!
When the choir began singing "I am a Child of God"  Gen stopped in her tracks..."that's my church!"  Thanks to her amazing "singing lady" Sister Dangerfield!

2 comments:

Helen said...

Oh Gen, how dear you are!! And I have to just "second" all your comments! My favorite weekend, as well!!
xoxox

Paige said...

I'm with Gen--all that cool stuff we heard... "that's my church"