Tuesday, October 26, 2010

carving

For family night the girls wanted to carve pumpkins. We have been blessed by the pumpkin fairy as we have SO many pumpkins this year. I thought we would carve one for both the girls and save the rest for my porch for Thanksgiving, and why would we carve all 9 pumpkins? Then Dad came home and after dinner and discussing what we should carve. My vote was polka-dots, Hayli wanted a bat Gentry just kept saying "Me too! and Mine too!" She was very worried about being left out of what ever we were talking about. :) So we began cutting and cleaning the first pumpkin. Kate's was first I had successfully convinced her polka-dots were the way to go, I began to draw the dots and then Casey made Hayli go count the pumpkins and soon we had this.
Casey was a trooper carving 7 pumpkins in all... at one point he and I were cleaning out pumpkins and 3 little girls were running around like a crazy house. Casey said "I thought this was supposed to be a family night activity" ..... He did get Hayli to help clean out the last one. But I have to admit when you decide to carve 7 of the pumpkins, girls with short attention spans lose interest quick. So in the end Casey and I had a great family night without the family! Hayli did take this picture which I guess shows who really did the work!
Now you all have to stop by on Halloween night to see them in LIGHTS!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cute! I love the picture of you and Casey! You two are my heroes, we only did 5 pumpkins! Ha! =)

Anonymous said...

You are the heroes!! For sure!! What good sports you are! You get my vote: Best Halloween Spirit!!
xoxox

New Lewis Happenings said...

You guys are too cute! Love it!

Helen Macfarlane said...

Those pictures are both so darling. They will be treasured in years to come!

I'm glad I didn't see this post until today. I loved coming around your house and discovering your name lit up across the driveway. It was awesome!